In the period between 15th and 17th March 2016, the Accreditation Body of Serbia hosted, as part of the activities of the regional PTB project “Promotion of regional cooperation in South East Europe in the field of quality infrastructure”, a workshop during which the delegates were informed about the novelties introduced by ISO/IEC 17021-1. Apart from the host’s representatives, the workshop was also attended by the representatives of the accreditation bodies from the region: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo*, FYR of Macedonia, and Montenegro.
The presentations were given by Janet Gascoigne and Phil Shaw from United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
Janet Gascoigne and Phil Shaw, UKAS
The workshop aimed at the exchange of (lead) assessors’ experiences as regards application, interpretation and manner of assessing the new requirements of ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems - Part 1: Requirements, and accompanying parts (technical specifications) of the standard (parts 2-10) and level 3, 4 and 5 standards.
The following topics were covered during the workshop:
• history of ISO/IEC 17021 and novelties introduced by ISO/IEC 17021-1
• ISO/IEC 17021-2/ISO/IEC 17021-3 and IAF mandatory document (IAF MD10)
• ISO/TS 22003:2013 and IAF mandatory document (IAF MD16)
• ISO/TS 17023:2013 and IAF mandatory documents (IAF MD1, IAF MD5, IAF MD11) - audit duration
• new versions of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (transitional periods, gaps)
• experience ISO 27001 and ISO/IEC 27006:2015, and IAF mandatory document (IAF MD 13)
• experience ISO 50001 and expectations (ISO 50003)
• experience ISO 13485
• experience ISO 28000
As of 1st June 2016 ATS will be ready, having in mind the time needed for the preparatory activities pertaining to the change of the documentation and preparation of assessors to assess as per the new requirements of the standard, to assess certification bodies as per SRPS ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015, whereas after 30th April 2016 ATS will no longer accept applications for accreditation as per SRPS ISO/IEC 17021:2011, but solely as per SRPS ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015.
⃰ This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and ICJ Advisory opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.