EA CC Training on ISO/IEC 17065:2012Notices
Training in the application of ISO/IEC 17065:2012 (EA CC Training on ISO/IEC 17065:2012) was delivered by the European co-operation for Accreditation (EA), i.e. its Certification Committee (EA CC).
The training was delivered to two groups of delegates in the period between 19th and 22nd February and was organised by Accreditation Body of Greece (ESYD) in Athens, Greece. The training was delivered by SWEDAC and UKAS colleagues that participated in the drafting of this standard.
The training had a form of a workshop during which the delegates could discuss the differences between the previous standard that was used for the assessment of certification bodies providing certification of products EN 45011 (ISO Guide 65) and the new one - ISO/IEC 17065 (Conformity assessment – Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services).
The main differences pertained to the following:
- standard does not contain the requirements relating to certification schemes, but it contains reference to certification schemes that are presented in detail in ISO/IEC 17067 the publication of which is expected in August 2013;
- standard contains revision of terms and definitions;
- standard contains numerous elements of IAF GD5:2006;
- standard contains requirement for the identification and management of risks/threats to impartiality;
- more detailed description of internal and external resources;
- employees of an entity that is managed by the certification body also take part in decision-making;
- standard has the structure of standards from ISO/IEC 17000 series;
- principles defined in ISO/PAS 17001-17005 were taken into consideration given that they pertain to independence, confidentiality, complaints and appeals, publication of information, and use of management systems in relation to CA standards.
The delegates were divided into three groups at the workshop to ensure the understanding of: identification of risks and mechanisms for impartiality maintenance; organisational structure and top management, accreditation validation and decision-making.
Furthermore, the delegates were explained the draft of ISO/IEC 17067 (Conformiy assessment - Fundamentals of product cetification and guidelines for product certification schemes).
Pursuant to IAF decision, transition period for ISO/IEC 17065 shall be three years from the date of its publication (15.09.2012).
Ljubica Živanić and Jovana Zečević attended the training on behalf of ATS.
Note: draft of the Serbian version of ISO/IEC 17065:2012 (NaSRPS ISO/IEC 17065:2013) was published in January 2013.
Ljubica Živanić with the delegates
Jovana Zečević with the delegates