IAF and ILAC annual meetings held in New Delhi in 2016International activities
A mutual annual meeting of IAF and ILAC was held in New Delhi, India from 26th October to 4th November 2016.
During this 30th meeting of IAF GA, which was held in the above mentioned period, 33 resolutions were made, from which the following can be considered as the most significant:
- IAF Resolution 2016-13, which regards to adoption of the Table 2 (technical field) within the standard ISO 50003:2014 Energy management systems -- Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of energy management system as normative references for determining the accreditation scope of certification bodies, which certify the management systems, which certify the energy management systems for witnessing;
- IAF Resolution 2016-23 in regard to the extension of the sub-scope IAF MLA agreement on the certification of energy management systems (EnMS) within the main scope of certification management system in accordance to ISO/IEC 17021-1 (level 3) and in regard to adoption of the standard/technical specifications ISO/TS 50003:2014 Energy management systems – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of energy management systems as a document of the level 4 of the agreement, i.e. standard ISO 50001:2011 Energy management systems -- Requirements with guidance as a document of the level 5 of the agreement:
- IAF Resolution 2016-14 in regard to determining the transitional period of 2 years from the date of publishing the following versions of the revised standard/technical specifications ISO/IEC TS 17021-2:2012 Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems - Part 2: Competence requirements for auditing and certification of environment management systems;
- IAF Resolution 2016-15 on deciding in regard to migration of accredited certificates in accordance with the Standard OHSAS 18001:2007 on the standard ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems - Requirements with guidance for use that should be 3 years from the date of publishing Standard ISO 45001, which is expected to be published during 2017.
- IAF Resolution 2016-16 adopts the standard ISO 45001:201X, which will soon be published as a Normative document;
- IAF Resolution 2016-17 on making a decision based on the previous year (Resolution 2015-14) and which will mean that the document for management systems certificates were issued by the process of accreditation if they have an accreditation symbol and/or refer to accreditation in the text. Certification bodies that certify the management systems: (1) must coordinate (conform) that the certification documents contain a symbol of accreditation or refer to accreditation at the time of making the decision about the recertification at the latest until the 6th November 2019 (2) during the process of making the decision on initial accreditation, i.e. the extension of the scope of accreditation for the new standard, starting 6th November 2019, certification bodies, which certificate the management systems must re-issue, previously issued non-accredited documents of certification in a period of one year until the date of making the final decision about accreditation.
- Note: If there is an exception from the previous paragraph, the certification body’s Client, which certifies the management systems must justify this exception to both the certification body as well as to the accreditation body, and if they reach agreement between both parties, the certification in question will be considered to be accredited;
- IAF Resolution 2016-18 in regard to extending the deadline for starting the implementation of the mandatory document IAF MD 19: IAF Mandatory Document For The Audit and Certification of a Management System operated by a Multi-Site Organization (where application of site sampling is not appropriate) until 31st March 2018.
- IAF Resolution 2016-20 in regard to the first signing of IAF MLA agreement for the main part of the agreement – certification of persons - ISO/IEC 17024 by the regional group of EA. On that occasion the following members of EA (signatories of EA MLA agreement) signed IAF MLA agreement for the field of certification of persons: AA, ACCREDIA, ATS, BAS, BELAC, CAI, COFRAC, DAkkS, DANAK, ENAC, ESYD, FINAS, IPAC, NA, PCA, RENAR, RvA, SA, SAS, SNAS, SWEDAC, TURKAK, i UKAS;
- IAF Resolution 2016-24 on IAF’s politics on the scope extension of the IAF MLA agreement for sub-scopes of the management systems for individual accreditation bodies:
- The signatories of IAF MLA agreement for the main scope ISO/IEC 17021(-1) the statement given by the body that the management systems are referred to the required sub-scope satisfy the appropriate requests given in the document IAF ML4:2016, 3.1.5.ii, 3.1.6.i)
- The signatories of IAF MLA agreement, but not for the main scope ISO/IEC 17021(-1), a complete evaluation is in harmony with IAF/ILAC A2 (IAF ML4:2016, 3.1.5.i), and for the regional groups:
- For the signatories of IAF MLA Agreement for the main scope of ISO/IEC 17021(-1)
it is necessary to have at least one accreditation body as a signatory and for reassessment of documentation i.e. the signatories of IAF MLA agreement, a complete evaluation was necessary in accordance with IAF/ILAC A1.
The Resolution, which was adopted, abolishes the foot-note 2, given in the Clause 3.1.5. of procedure IAF ML4: 2016., but not for the main scope of ISO/IEC 17021(-1)
During the 20th meeting of General Assembly ILAC-a (ILAC General Assembly – ILAC GA), which was held during the mentioned period, 21 Resolution was adopted of which the most significant points are the following:
- ILAC Resolution GA 20.13) on extending the scope of ILAC MRA agreement in the accreditation field for the producer of reference materials in accordance with the requirements specified in the Standard ISO 17034;
- ILAC Resolution GA 20.14 on the transitional period of three years from the date of publishing new standard ISO 17034:2016, which substitutes the Guide 34:2009;
- ILAC Resolution GA 20.15 on the transitional period of three years from the date of publishing new standard ISO 17025:201X, which is expected to be published during 2017.
During the 16th meeting of the JGA (Joint General Assembly) IAF-ILAC a resolution was made that the transition period for the new issue of Standard ISO/IEC 17011:2004 Conformity Assessment-General Requirements for accredititation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies, which is expected to be published in August 2017, to last 3 years from the day of publishing the revised standard issue.
The meetings were attended by Prof. Aco Janićijević PhD., Acting Director of ATS and Borislava Jaksic, MSc., Deputy Director, on behalf of Accreditation Body of Serbia (ATS).