The workshop entitled “Exchange of experience of lead assessors (ISO/IEC 17020)” was held in Belgrade in the period between 23rd and 24th October 2014. It was organised by the Accreditation Body of Serbia (ATS) as part of the PTB project “Promotion of regional cooperation in South Eastern Europe in the field of Quality Infrastructure”.
The workshop aimed at the exchange of LA experiences as regards application, interpretation and manner of assessing requirements of the new version of ISO/IEC 17020 - Conformity assessment - Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection.
The following topics were covered during the workshop:
• assessment of requirements as regards authorisation and responsibilities delegated to the IB personnel;
• IB reporting structure;
• identification of risks to IB impartiality;
• manner of assessing inspection bodies if the inspection scheme also contains the management system assessment requirements;
• inspection records control;
• internal audits and requirements for personnel performing internal audits;
• inspection report content and traceability to the inspector that performed inspection;
• use of equipment by two or more inspection bodies.
The workshop was attended by both ATS representatives and representatives of the accreditation bodies from the region.