A round-table was held on 19.02.2014 in Skopje as part of the PTB project ”Promotion of Regional Cooperation in South East Europe in the field of Quality Infrastructure“. It was designed for directors and quality managers of accreditation bodies (ABs). In addition to the representatives of the Macedonian host, other AB representatives of the following countries from the region attended the meeting: Albania, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina.
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and ICJ Advisory opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
The following topics were discussed during the meeting:
- AB policy on subcontracting performed by conformity assessment bodies when the requirements of reference standards for accreditation have to be satisfied;
- policy on cross-frontier accreditation and implementation of valid policy of the European Cooperation for Accreditation (EA) thereon; a special emphasis was on the assessment method of bodies having locations outside a country of origin;
- AB policy on the assessment of flexible scope of accreditation when binding EA guidance document had to be taken into account;
- accreditation of certification bodies providing certification of management systems with a special emphasis on the work of certification bodies that operate outside a country of origin;
-AB policy on the use of equipment owned by another conformity assessment body: assessment possibilities and methods;
- accreditation of sampling activities – is it possible or not? testing or inspection?
- transfer of accreditation;
- AB policy on the assessor qualifications;
- use of the accreditation symbol / marks and reference to the EA MLA and ILAC MRA.