ISO/IEC 17065:2013 - Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services
New edition of ISO/IEC 17065:2012 - Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services was published on 15th September 2012.
Hence the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) made a decision that a transitional period for the application of the new edition of ISO/IEC 17065, ISO/IEC 17065:2012, should be 3 years from the date of issue which means that all conformity assessment bodies accredited as per ISO/IEC Guide 65 or EN 45011 should, by 15.09.2015, harmonise their activities with ISO/IEC 17065:2012.
When compared with ISO/IEC Guide 65:1996 or EN 45011 the following important changes were made:
- Restructuring of the standard based on a common structure adopted by ISO/CASCO;
- Modifications based on the following standards ISO/PAS 17001, ISO/PAS 17002, ISO/PAS 17003, ISO/PAS 17004 and ISO/PAS 17005;
- Inclusion of a functional approach from ISO/IEC 17000 in the clause 7 process requirements;
- Information about the application of the standard in case of processes and services to be incorporated in Annex B;
- Revision of terms and definitions, clause 3;
- Upgrade of the impartiality requirements (mechanism);
- Consolidation of the management system requirements, clause 8;
- Inclusion of the principles for CBs operating certification of products and their activities in Annex A;
- Upgrade taking IAF GD 5 into account;
- Inclusion of the reference to certification schemes for which further information is provided in ISO/IEC 17067.
On 20th March 2013 the Institute for Standardization of Serbia published SRPS ISO/IEC 17065:2013 Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services. This edition of the standard repeals and replaces SRPS ISO/IEC UPUTSTVO 65:1999 (SRPS EN 45011:2004).
ATS planned all activities and carried out all of them (change in the management system documents, training of assessors and persons participating in decision-making) in order to harmonise the accreditation of certification bodies operating certification of products as per SRPS ISO/IEC 17065:2013.
ATS will commence performing assessments as per the new edition of the standard by 15th December 2013 at the latest. Exact date of assessments as per the new edition of the standard and detailed information about transition to the new edition of the standard will be published at a later stage by ATS.
In the meantime, CABs wishing to harmonise their mode of operation with the requirements of the new edition of the standard are recommended to identify changes to be made so that they could adapt to the new edition of the standard, and to produce an implementation plan for the transition to the new edition of the standard.
Assessments of accredited CBs operating certification of products in terms of transition/approximation/harmonisation with the new edition of the standard will be carried out during regular surveillance assessments.
After 15.09.2015 accreditations granted as per SRPS EN 45011:2004 shall no longer be valid.